Overview of Tilicho Lake Thorang La Pass Trek
– Mesmerizing diversified adventurous trekking trail of Nepal.
– Breathtaking vistas and spectacular views of the Himalayas.
– Beautiful combination: Annapurna circuit and side trip to Tilicho Lake.
– Cross Thorongla pass (5416m): Highest point of Annapurna circuit.
– Trek to the world’s highest lake-Tilicho Lake(4919m)
– Visit Muktinath, a famous sacred pilgrimage sites for Hindus and Buddhists.
Take a trip into the heart of the Annapurna Range and experience diverse culture, amazing landscapes, and the physical challenge of trekking in the Himalaya. Your journey will take you from the Kathmandu Valley to the rushing river of the Marshyangdi, along the valley trail to the world’s highest lake at 16,138 feet, above sea level. If that wasn’t enough you will then crest the world’s highest pass, Thorang La Pass, at 17,769 feet. Experience the rich cultural heritage of the town of Muktinath which is a pilgrimage site for Hindus and Buddhists alike. After all that hard work enjoy the lake town of Pokhara where you can have some relaxation and recuperation in one of the many fine hotels. Your experience will end back in Kathmandu where you can see the sites and do some shopping before returning home. This trip offers the best of what Nepal can bring and allows you to experience the varied and wonderful culture and landscapes this unique country holds.
- Day 1
Travel to Kathmandu : Free day to explore Kathmandu. City tours and activities can be
set up upon request
- Day 2
Take a van or bus from Kathmandu to Beshishara (5-6 hours driving). From there hop into a Jeep for the bumpy ride 2 hours up the mountains to the village of Sange. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 3
Trek from Sange to the river village of Tal. Enjoy the afternoon admiring the cascading waterfalls and rushing river. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 4
Trek from Tal to the small town of Timang. Enjoy mountain views and hiking alongside the beautiful Myrsigandi River. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 5
From Timang walk up the valley to the town of Chame. This is one of the larger towns along the route and has a charm all its own.Overnight at lodge.
- Day 6
Trek to the small village of Upper Pisang and enjoy the afternoon perched high on the hills with a stunning view of the Annapurna Range. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 7
Today you arrive at the town of Manang. This will be the last bigger town on the route, so stock up on needed supplies. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 8
Leaving the town behind trek high into the mountains to the village of Tilicho Basecamp. There are only three structures here at this tiny settlement below Tilicho Lake. Enjoy the amazing scenery but get a good night’s sleep. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 9
Your day starts at 4:00 AM. Trek higher up into the Himalaya to visit the world’s highest lake; Tilicho Lake. Admire the sunrise from the shore of this alpine lake before heading back to TIlicho Basecamp for a quick nap. After resting, trek a couple hours back to the town
of Nursan where you will spend the night. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 10
Today you will trek to the village of Thorang Phedi. This is the starting point for your journey over the world’s highest pass tomorrow. Enjoy the unique atmosphere of the lodge with music and games and delicious food. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 11
Another very early morning. Under the stars trek high and steep into the mountains to crest the Thorang Pass around 8:00 AM. From the pass take the long, steep descent into the high valley to the bustling town of Muktinath. Have much needed rest and enjoy the evening to yourself. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 12
Visit the sacred Hindu and Budhist temples of Muktinath in the early morning where you can witness people bathing in the sacred fountains. Catch a late morning jeep from the town down the road to the town of Jomsom. Overnight at lodge.
- Day 13
Catch an early morning flight from Jomsom to the lake city of Pokhara. Enjoy the afternoon exploring Pokhara by visiting the Peace Pagoda, Phewa Lake, or doing shopping in the main part of town. Enjoy a delicious dinner and a shower! Overnight at hotel.
- Day 14
Morning bus 6 hours from Pokhara back to Kathmandu. Overnight
in hotel of your choice.
- Day 15
Free day to explore Kathmandu on your own. Activities can be
arranged by request.
- Day 16
Return to home country.
- Airport transportation
- 3 star hotel 3 night with Breakfast
- Domestic Air ticket both way
- Tea house accommodation during the trek
- All meal breakfast lunch dinner during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private as per the itinerary
- English speaking trained and experienced trekking guide
- Porter (2 clients )1 porter
- Staff cost including high salary insurance equipment down jacket for porter
- All necessary paper work trekking permit
- All government and local tax
Price Does Not Includes
- Personal trekking equipment
- Personal cold drinks and alcohol during the trek
- Hot and cold shower during the trek
- Used internet battery charge during the trek
- Meal during the stay in Kathmandu
- Tips for guide porter each day 10$ for each person
- If you stay over 3 night in Kathmandu, extra pay for hotel