Overview of Langtang Valley Trek
Although not well known to Westerners, the Langtang Valley of Nepal harbors beauty and wildlife found nowhere else on earth. Ascend a rugged glacial valley beneath ice encrusted 7,000 meter peaks that have seen only a handful of mountaineering ascents.
Langtang is the region of Himalayas of Nepal to the north of Kathmandu valley and bordering Tibet. This is one of the most accessible trekking regions near Kathmandu valley with short day hikes or week long venture into the lake districts. An ideal region if you are short on time but still wants to trek in Himalayas and experience the wonderful culture of the native Tamangs .This valley is far from the bustling city, away from crowd and pollution, where one can find the real pleasure and adventure.
The Langtang valley is also known as “treasure house” of alpine plants. The alpine vegetation and the forest of rhododendrons and oaks are the home of numerous animals which includes Assamese monkey, grey wolf, musk deer,panthers, jackles,mountain thar, red panda and snow leopard. .Langtang is one of the richest homes of glaciers in Nepal with almost 70 glaciers. Along with nature,tourist can captured the magnificent scenery of mountains like-Langtang Lirung(7245m),the highest mountain in the area, similarly Tibet Himalayas,Gang Chhenpo,Naya Kanga,Ganesh Himal,Manaslu,Dorje Lakpa as well as Gaurisankar Himal. One can see snowcapped peaks from the first day of the trek and get chance to see glaciers up close too. The national park, established as the first Himalaya national park of Nepal in 1976 is known as Langtang National Park, and home to such rare and endangered species like: red panda,snow leopard, Lophophorus along others. Langtang is also famous for its pilgrimage sites-Gosaikunda lake and Kyanjin Gompa.Gosaikunda lake is also known as solidified lake,it is a holy pilgrimage site of Hindus,where every year a festival called Shamanism is celebrated. When the full moon raise over Gosaikunda lake,the shoreline is lined with people who have come to celebrate the annual festival of Janai Purnima(full moon day)from Nepal,India and around the world. Among the monasteries, Kyanjin Gompa is the monastery of Buddhist,which is supposed to be 400 years old. Along with the culture of Tamang communities,the traditional houses made up of stone, beautifully carved wooden porches and the beautiful Gompas add more beauty to the Himalayan valley of Langtang.
Higher Path Treks and Expedition is pleased to be able to offer this exciting trekking opportunity to combine culture and scenic beauty of the Langtang Range in the summer months.
- Day 01
Arrived in Kathmandu,overnight at Hotel
- Day 02
Explore Kathmandu city and religious places.
- Day 03
Drive Kathmandu to Syabrubesi , overnight stay at lodge.
- Day 04
Trek Syabrubesi to Lama Hotel, overnight stay at lodge.
- Day 05
From Lama Hotel to Langtang valley, overnight at lodge.
- Day 06
Trek Langtang to Kyanjin Gompa, overnight at lodge.
- Day 07
Explore Kyanjin Gompa/Hiking around, overnight at lodge.
- Day 08
From Kyanjin Gompa to Lama, overnight stay at lodge.
- Day 09
Way back from Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi, overnight at lodge.
- Day 10
Drive back Syabrubesi to Kathmandu, overnight at Hotel.
- Day 11
Final Departure to Home.
COSTS & DATES
- Airport Transportation
- stay at 3 star hotel, 3 night with Breakfast
- Domestic Air ticket both way
- Tea house accommodation during the trek
- All meal (breakfast,lunch, dinner) during the trek
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All ground transportation on a comfortable private as per the itinerary
- English speaking trained and experienced trekking guide
- Porter (for 2 clients-1 porter)
- Staff cost including salary, insurance equipment ,down jacket for porter
- All necessary paper work, trekking permit
- All government and local tax
Price Does Not Includes
- Personal trekking equipment
- Personal cold drinks and alcohol during the trek
- Hot and cold shower during the trek
- Used internet battery charge during the trek
- Meal during stay in Kathmandu
- Tips for guide and porter. each day 10$ for each person
- If you stay more then 3 night in Kathmandu, extra pay for hotel
- If you stay over extra night in lukla due to flight delayed, extra pay in Lukla