Overview of Kyajo Ri Climb
Kyajo Ri has rapidly been growing in popularity. Sometimes called “the affordable AmaDablam” Kyajo has similar challenges to AmaDablam, but none of the crowds. Steep rock and ice lead from a high elevation base camp in a deserted valley to the tiny summit spire. This technically challenging peak is only a short trek from Namche Bazar, and is a part of the same ridge that extends behind the sacred Khumbila Mountain behind Tengboche Monastery. It is the highest peak in the Gokyo Range, and views include dozens of jagged granitic peaks of the Rowaling and Everest Regions.
i) Trek on the trail through the Sagarmatha National Park (UNESCO World Heritage Site)
ii) The semi-technical peak which provides a challenging and satisfying expedition experience
iii) Flight to Lukla airport, one of the most dangerous airports in the world.
iv) Smaller crowds as it invites the attention of the most interested of candidates-
v) Spectacular views of various5, 8000 meters plus mountains from the top
vi) 7 days lodge trek and 6/7 days camping trek.
- Day 01
Arrival in Kathmandu, transport to Hotel. overnight at hotel.
- Day 02
Preparation for climbing equipment in Kathmandu, overnight at hotel.
- Day 03
Flight to lukla, trek up to Phakding,stay at lodge.
- Day 04
Trek to Namche Bazar, overnight at lodge.
- Day 05
Acclimatize day in Namche Bazar, overnight at lodge.
- Day 06
Trek to Manda, overnight in tent.
- Day 07
Trek to Base camp, overnight in tent.
- Day 08
Rest day in Base camp, overnight in tent.
- Day 09
Trek to Gejo High camp overnight in tent.
- Day 10
Hiking to Advance high camp 5600mts and back to High camp, overnight at tent.
- Day 11
Rest day In high camp, overnight in tent.
- Day 12
Trek to Advance high camp, overnight at tent.
- Day 13
Climbing summit and back to High camp, overnight at tent.
- Day 14
Trek back to Khunde, overnight at tent.
- Day 15
Trek to Phakding, overnight at lodge.
- Day 16
Trek to Lukla, overnight at lodge.
- Day 17
Spare day due to weather problem in lukla some time.
- Day 18
Flight to Kathmandu, overnight at Hotel.
- Day 19
Final departure to home.
COSTS & DATES
- Airport transportation.(domestic/international)
- stay at 3 star hotel for 3 nights with Breakfast.
- Domestic Air ticket both way.
- Tea house accommodation during the trek.
- All meal breakfast lunch dinner during the trek.
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- English speaking, trained and experienced trekking guide.
- Porter ( for 2 clients - 1 porter)
- Staff cost including high salary, insurance, equipment, down jacket for porter.
- All necessary paper work, trekking permit.
- All government and local tax.
Price Does Not Includes
- Personal trekking equipments.
- Personal cold drinks and alcohol during the trek.
- Hot and cold shower during the trek.
- Used internet, battery charge during the trek.
- Meal during the stay in Kathmandu.
- Tips for guide, porter each day 10$ for each person.